Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Apettite and Palate

Last night I had a wonderful dinner accompanied by some excellent drink choices.
A litte Gin and Tonic for apertif" and Vhino Verde with Thai Lime Chicken we ate.

Tonight is one of those nights that I truly hate my life.
I really don't know what I am doing. If I thought I had gained some direction or perspective, I have just added more options to the mix; or so it seems.

As I drank my wine last night, I couldn't help but note how much my palate has changed, particularly in the last year.
Is it not just that I am willing to try more, but in trying things repetitively (coffee/espresso namely) my palette has changed. It now prefers tastes and textures and viscousity's that nine months ago, I did not know how to enjoy.
At first glance, this would appear to be purely good, but I too see my danger in it.

A palete that can accompany anything; a personality, I have tamed to accept many things which are not the best for me.
True, my palate has become more refined in what it prefers, perhaps it is here, that I falter in holding standards for myself.
I am so frustrated with this day and the day to follow, that I cannot even follow this thought to completion.
I have been foolish in my pickings.
God, Let this end too.

No comments: