Thursday, October 30, 2008

I still haven't found, what I'm looking for

Ok, to be fair, I have come to full terms that I am in fact picky.
I try things, to be fair....but this blog goes out to all the children out there!

I think is it vastly important to expose kids to all different kinds of food, it is a gift really, but if a kid doesn't like something for a good reason, key word being good, then remember that they have a unique set of taste buds too!

I for one, am a huge texture eater, so even if flavor is good but the texture feels all wrong, I just can't go there.
Furthermore, I have this thing for balancing flavors. If the balance is off, I can taste, feel, sense it.
Sometimes it is not too bad, so I can handle it, other times, like recently over an Italian meal at Scalo in Albuquerque, I could only eat three bits of my risotto.
I love risotto, but this dish was too salty, had too many flavors, and was too rich...what is up with that! I should have just ordered the pizza in the end.

Anyhow, all this is to say, I have been looking for the perfect ginger-ale for many years.
Some are good, but in the end, too sweet, do we really need to consume 30-40 grams of sugar while enjoying a favorite drink, I think not. Others totally lack the full profile of ginger, afterall, it is intensely aromatic, a little sweet at first, but then spicy ending with a huge kick.

So my experimentation start his weekend for the real quest of making the perfect ginger-ale.
My beverage journey only starts there.
My have we bastardized Masala Chai! Too sweet, not spicy enough, missing the pepper kick, eeegghhhh. Balance ratio is key, but lets' let the true flavors of the ingredients be known.

Here's to having a kitchen!
Let the drinking begin.

No comments: